Mon - Fri: 9 AM - 6:30 PM
Sat & Sun: CLOSED
Closed all University Holidays & Semester Breaks
A bike checkout includes either a cruiser bike, mountain bike, or hybrid bike, along with bike lights, a helmet, lock, and key. Checkout is free for current USF students and Campus Recreation members, but late or missing fees will be charged when appropriate. Those with a USF ID that do not have a valid Campus Recreation Center membership may checkout a bike for $10 a day.
Here's How It Works:
To Get A Bike:
- Come to the Campus Recreation Center and enter through the front entrance with your student ID
- Walk downstairs to the Outdoor Recreation Center (Room 013)
- Ask the Outdoor Recreation staff member for a bike rental of either a mountain bike or cruiser bike
- The staff member will get a bike, helmet, lights, lock, and key for you to borrow
- Sign the liability wavier form and the agreement form for the bike rental
- Present your student ID to have the equipment checked out onto your account
- Follow the staff member out the Borrow Our Bike return door and have fun on your ride
- Bring the equipment back within a week.
To Return A Bike
- Come to the back of the Campus Recreation Center near the CWY building
- Enter the ramp
- Head down the ramp if you are retuning the bike during business hours
- Call the number posted on the door and wait for a staff member to escort you to the ORC for check in
- Pay any late or lost equipment fees with a credit card
- Head up the ramp if you are returning a bike after business hours
- Place the bike and helmet under a bike hood and lock them
- Close the bike hood
- Deposit the lock key into the secure key drop box
- You will be contacted regarding any damaged, missing, or late equipment within a week.
Bicycle Repair Shop
The Outdoor Recreation Center bike shop provides a free and low cost repair and maintenance service for personal bicycles. If the bicycle is in need of replacement parts, the ORC sells some of the parts that are usually required at low prices. Students can also bring parts in from the store and have the ORC staff install them. The ORC employees are more than willing to help students their bike repair needs, as well as teach a thing or two about bike repairs. For students that already know how to make the repairs, but do not have the correct tools, the ORC allows students to come in with their bike and use the tools to make repairs and adjustments on their own. Come visit the ORC with your bike today!
Items Available for Purchase in the ORC: Brake Pads, Foot Pedals, Shifter Cables, Brake Cables, Headlights, Rear Lights, U-Locks, Tire Tubes, Tube Patches, and more!