To be considered for admission, all transfer applicants are required to have successfully completed a minimum of 67 percent of all credit hours attempted at currently and previously enrolled institutions. In addition, you must meet the Florida Board of Governors minimums. A 2.50 transfer or postsecondary GPA (3.50 for nursing) is required.
You will need to submit the following to be considered for admission:
- Application for admission
- Non-refundable $30 application fee
- Official high school transcript(s)
- Official SAT or ACT scores
- Official GED, if applicable
- Official IELTS or TOEFL scores, if applicable
- Official transcripts from each college or university attended (current up to time of application)*
- Any college or university work that was completed at a non-U.S. institution must be submitted along with a course-by-course Foreign Credential Evaluation from a Credential Evaluation Service.
*Electronic transcripts transmitted to USF from the Florida College System do not include courses from other colleges/universities.
Applicants with less than 24 transferrable credits must submit a personal statement indicating the reasons why they wish to transfer to USF. Please explain why USF should make an exception to the 24-credit minimum required for admission and further explain why the applicant seeks an early transfer.
Additionally, applicants with 24-59 transferrable credits from the Florida College System are encouraged to transfer USF credits earned back to the Florida College System to receive an AA degree.