To be considered for admission, all transfer applicants are required to have successfully completed a minimum of 67 percent of all credit hours attempted at currently and previously enrolled institutions. In addition, a minimum GPA of 2.50 is required. Exceptions include:
- Upper-level applicants with an AA/AS degree from Hillsborough Community College, St. Petersburg College or Pasco Hernando Community College. Applicants from these schools must have a minimum GPA of 2.00*
- Applicants with an AA/AS degree from a Florida System College who intend to major in Public Health, General Studies or Information Science. These applicants must have a minimum GPA of 2.00.
*per the Consortium Agreement entered into by USF, Hillsborough Community College, St. Petersburg College and Pasco Hernando Community College.
Selective Admissions Programs of Study
The following majors are selective admissions programs. This means upper-level transfer applicants must meet the stated GPA minimums to be admitted.
Programs of Study
2.0 from HCC, PHCC, or SPC
|Nursing (60+ credits)||3.50|
|Nursing (Earned A.S. degree in Nursing from a regionally accredited institution)||2.50 - A.S. in Nursing|
You will need to submit the following to be considered for admission:
- Application for admission
- Non-refundable $30 application fee
- Official transcripts from each college or university attended (current up to time of application)*
- Any college or university work that was completed at a non-U.S. institution must be submitted along with a course-by-course Foreign Credential Evaluation from a Credential Evaluation Service
- Official IELTS or TOEFL scores, if applicable
*Electronic transcripts transmitted to USF from the Florida College System do not include courses from other colleges/universities. It is highly recommended you have transcripts from any prior schools sent electronically to USF. This will expedite review of your application. If this option is not available, all documents should be sent to: Office of Admissions 4202 E Fowler Avenue, SVC 1036 Tampa, FL 33620.
Applicants with 102+ transferrable credits must submit a personal statement indicating the reasons why they wish to transfer to USF. Please include an explanation of why excess credit hours are needed to complete a bachelor’s degree and a plan for graduating quickly and efficiently. Applicants are expected to take only those courses necessary to complete a degree within three terms.
Please note: Applicants will be charged double the tuition rate for each credit hour beyond 132 (for students in a 120-hour degree program) or 110 percent in excess of the hours required. Additionally, applicants who have attempted 180 credit hours are no longer eligible for financial aid as an undergraduate applicant (including federal student loans).