STEP 3: ASSEMBLE - ATTACHMENTS/EEO Statement
CERTIFICATE OF NON-SEGREGATED FACILITIES
certify to the University of South Florida that we do not and will not maintain or provide for our employees any segregated facilities at any of our establishments, and that we do not and will not permit our employees to perform their services at any location, under our control, where segregated facilities are maintained. We understand and agree that a breach of this certification is a violation of the Equal Opportunity clause required by Executive Order 11246 of 24 September 1965.
As used in this certification, the term "segregated facilities" means any waiting rooms, work areas, rest rooms and wash room, restaurants and other eating areas, time clocks, locker rooms and other storage or dressing areas, parking lots, drinking fountains, recreation or entertainment areas, transportation and housing facilities provided for employees which are segregated by explicit directive or are in fact segregated on the basis of race, creed, color or national origin, because of habit, local custom or otherwise.
We, further, agree that (except where we have obtained identical certifications from proposed subcontractors for specific time periods) we will obtain identical certifications from proposed subcontractors prior to the award of subcontracts exceeding $10,000 which are not exempt from the provisions of the Equal Opportunity clause; that we will retain such certification in our files; and that we will forward the following notice to such proposed subcontractors (except where the proposed subcontractors have submitted identical certifications for specific time periods):
NOTE TO PROSPECTIVE SUBCONTRACTORS OR REQUIREMENTS FOR CERTIFICATIONS OF NON-SEGREGATED FACILITIES. A Certificate of Non-segregated Facilities, as required by the 9 May 1967 order on Elimination of Segregated Facilities, by the Secretary of Labor (32 Fed. Reg. 7439, 19 May 1967), must be submitted prior to the award of a sub-contract exceeding $10,000 which is not exempt from the provisions of the Equal Opportunity clause. The certification may be submitted either for each sub-contract or for all subcontracts during a period (i.e. quarterly, semiannually, or annually).
NOTE: Whoever knowingly and willfully makes any false, fictitious or fraudulent representation may be liable to criminal prosecution under 18 U.S.C. 1001.
(NAME OF COMPANY)
CERTIFICATE OF NON-SEGREGATED FACILITIES
SUBPART D - CONTRACTOR'S AGREEMENTS
SEC. 202. Except in contracts exempted in accordance with Section 204 of this Order, all Government contracting agencies shall include in every Government contract hereafter entered into the following provisions:
"During the performance of this contract, the contractor agrees as follows:
(1) The contractor will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. The contractor will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Such action shall include, but not be limited to the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, or transfer; recruitment or recruitment advertising; layoff or termination; rates of pay or other forms of compensation; and selection for training, including apprenticeship. The contractor agrees to post in conspicuous places, available to employees and applicants for employment, notices to be provided by the contracting officer setting forth the provisions of this nondiscrimination clause."
(2) The contractor will, in all solicitations or advertisements for employees placed by or on behalf of the contractor, state that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin."
(3) The contractor will send to each labor union or representative of workers with which he has a collective bargaining agreement or other contract or understanding, a notice, to be provided by the agency contracting officer, advising the labor union or worker's representative of the contractor's commitments under Section 202 of Executive Order No. 11246 of September 24, 1965, and shall post copies of notice in conspicuous places available to employees and applicants for employment."
(4) The contractor will comply with all provisions of Executive Order No. 11246 of September 24, 1965 and of the rules, regulations, and relevant orders of the Secretary of Labor."
(5) The contractor will furnish all information and reports required by Executive Order No. 11246 of September 24, 1965, and by the rules, regulations, and orders of the Secretary of Labor, or pursuant thereto, and will permit access to his books, records, and accounts by the contracting agency and the Secretary of Labor for purposes of investigation to ascertain compliance with such rules, regulations and orders.
(6) In the event of the contractor's noncompliance with the nondiscrimination clauses of this contract or with any of such rules, regulations, or orders, this contract may be canceled, terminated, or suspended in whole or in part and the contractor may be declared ineligible for further Government contracts in accordance with procedures authorized in Executive Order No. 11246 of September 24, 1965, and such other sanctions may be imposed and remedies invoiced as provided in Executive Order No. 11246 of September 24, 1965, or by rule, regulation, or order of the Secretary of Labor, or as otherwise provided by law."
(7) The contractor will include the provision of Paragraphs (1) through (7) in every subcontract or purchase order unless exempted by rules, regulations, or orders of the Secretary of Labor issued pursuant to Section 204 of Executive Order No. 11246 of September 24, 1965, so that such provisions will be binding upon each subcontractor or vendor. The contractor will take such action with respect to any subcontract or purchase order s the contracting agency may direct as a means of enforcing such provisions including sanctions for noncompliance: Provided, however, that in the event the contractor becomes involved in, or is threatened with, litigation with a subcontractor or vendor as a result of such direction by the contracting agency, the contractor may request the United States to enter into such litigation to protect the interest of the United States."
SEC. 402 Affirmative Action for Disabled Veterans and Veterans of the Vietnam Era:
(1) The Contractor agrees to comply with the affirmative action clause and regulations published by the U.S. Department of Labor implementing Section 402 of the Vietnam Era Veteran's Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as amended, and Executive Order 11701, which are incorporated in this certificate by reference.
RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE