This class builds confidence and allows your child to feel safe, happy, and secure exploring the water. As the Parent/Guardian, you will be the swim instructor and provide a "hands-on" approach toward the process. You will learn proper ways to teach your child how to swim that will provide a comfortable atmosphere and a learning environment conducive for both of you. This program is only available in the summer.
Who Should Participate? • Guidelines & Program Policies • Schedule & Costs
Additional Program Information
Who should participate in this program?
- Parents/Guardians who want to teach their children water safety while instilling confidence and developing skills that will last into adulthood.
- Parent/Guardian who enjoy taking a "hands on" approach and spending quality time with their child in a positive learning environment.
- Children who need to learn the basic skills associated with swimming.
What are the benefits of this program?
When you decide to participate in the program, you will learn how to deliver a tested teaching method. Your child will benefit from:
- Proven teaching techniques that help students retain swimming skills.
- A safe, secure, and healthy learning environment with someone your child loves and trusts.
- Quality time and attention from you!
It is our job to ensure that your child has a meaningful and safe experience. Our instructors have been certified by accredited organizations such as Water Safety Instructors (WSI) or equivalent. A certified lifeguard will be supervising each class.
Guidelines and Program Policies
- Age: 6 months up to 2 years (All infants must wear an approved diaper, i.e. Huggies Little Swimmers)
- Skill Evaluation: No entry level requirement.
- Participation/Observation: One Parent/Guardian must be in the water with the child. Others may observe from the designated area.
Cost & Schedule
|Session 1:||Session 2:||Session 3:|
|April 18-28||May 9 - 19||June 6 - 16|
Available times for sessions 1-3 include:
Tuesday and Thursday afternoons, 4:00pm or 5:00pm
|Session 4:||Session 5:||Session 6:|
|June 20 - 30||July 11 - 21||August 1 - 11|
Available times for sessions 4-6 include:
Monday and Wednesday mornings, 9:00 am or 10:00 am
Tuesday and Thursday afternoons, 4:00 pm or 5:00 pm
In order to register a child or children, please follow the instructions listed below:
- Create an account on the member portal or sign in using existing credentials.
- Navigate to Member Profile
- Select Add Dependent
This will allow you the ability to select which member of the family you wish to enroll.
Parking Permits & Procedures: If you plan to park at USF, a parking permit is required. Parking is within close walking distance to the indoor pool. Learn to Swim and the Campus Recreation Department are not responsible for any parking tickets from USF. Please park in the designated area (Lot 6).
Cancellations made 8 days or more before the start of a session will receive a full refund. Cancellations made within 7 days prior to the start of the session and through the second class will receive a refund with a fee of $20. All cancellations made after the second class will not recieve a refund.