This class builds confidence and allows your child to feel safe, happy, and secure exploring the water. As the Parent/Guardian, you will be the swim instructor and provide a "hands-on" approach toward the process. You will learn proper ways to teach your child how to swim that will provide a comfortable atmosphere and a learning environment conducive for both of you. This program is only available in the summer.
Who should participate in this program?
- Parents/Guardians who want to teach their children water safety while instilling confidence and developing skills that will last into adulthood.
- Parent/Guardian who enjoy taking a "hands on" approach and spending quality time with their child in a positive learning environment.
- Children who need to learn the basic skills associated with swimming.
What are the benefits of this program?
When you decide to participate in the program, you will learn how to deliver a tested teaching method. Your child will benefit from:
- Proven teaching techniques that help students retain swimming skills.
- A safe, secure, and healthy learning environment with someone your child loves and trusts.
- Quality time and attention from you!
Guidelines and Program Policies
- Age: 6 months up to 2 years (All infants must wear an approved diaper, i.e. Huggies Little Swimmers)
- Skill Evaluation: No entry level requirement.
- Participation/Observation: One Parent/Guardian must be in the water with the child. Others may observe from the designated area.
Cost & Schedule
Tue/Thur: 4:00 PM - 4:30 PM
|Session 1:||Session 2:||Session 3:|
|May 11-21||June 1 - 11||June 22 - July 2|
|Session 4:||Session 5:|
|July 13 - 23||August 3 - 13|
Parking Permits & Procedures: If you plan to park at USF, a parking permit is required. Parking is within close walking distance to the indoor pool. Learn to Swim and the Campus Recreation Department are not responsible for any parking tickets from USF. Please park in the designated area (Lot 6).
Cancellations & Refunds: Cancellations made two weeks prior to the start of the session will be refunded with a cancellation fee of $20. If cancellations are made after that time or during the first week of the session, refunds will be made with a $50 cancellation fee applied. Cancellations after the first week will NOT be refunded.
Note: In order to register a child or children, please follow the instructions listed below:
- Create an account on the member portal or sign in using existing credentials.
- Navigate to Member Profile
- Select Add Dependent
This will allow you the ability to select which member of the family you wish to enroll.