To schedule Private Group Fitness Classes, please use the following steps:
Step 1: Review the Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a Private Group Fitness (PGF) Class?
- PGF classes are one hour, one time classes, taught privately to any specified on- or off-campus group. PGF classes are led by a certified instructor in the specialty area requested and are designed specifically for the group of participants requesting the class(es).
- The cost for any one hour private class is $35 ( up to 50 participants). Once your class has been scheduled you will receive a confirmation email with details on how to pay. We accept credit/debit payments, Interdepartmental Transfer and/or we can invoice your group/organization.
- The cost for any re-occurring private class is $35 per person. These classes are typically scheduled for 4 weeks, meeting twice per week for a total of 8 classes/hours. Note: The minimum participant requirement for this type of class is seven (7) participants.
- The following classes are available for you to choose from: Yoga, Pilates, Kickboxing, Piloxing, Toning and Zumba. NOTE: Participants are encouraged to bring their own mats for Yoga classes; Campus Recreation does not provide Yoga mats for PGFs.
- Classes are held at the Argos Fitness Center, located above Fresh Foods Café or at a location of your choice. Classes will only be scheduled in the main Campus Recreation Center if the Argos Fitness Center is unavailable. If you choose to host the class at your own location YOU are responsible for all reservations and setup of that space. Note: Ideal locations for classes are those without carpet and with available space for furniture to be moved aside.
- All music and music players including speakers are provided by the instructor. All equipment is provided for toning classes. Yoga and Pilates class participants must bring their own mats if held at a location outside of the Argos Fitness Center.
- If you would like to make a request for a private class please fill out the request form and return as directed. We cannot guarantee that every request received will be able to be filled; however, we will make our best effort to secure an instructor/space to accommodate your request.
For all other questions, please contact: Susan25@usf.edu.
Step 2: Complete the Request Form
Step 3: Wait for a Response
Once your request form is recieved, you will recieve a confirmation email with additional information. NO payments will be accepted / processed until a date and instructor are confirmed.
It is recommended that requests be made at least two weeks prior to the anticipated class date to allow time for the administrative processes to be completed (i.e., securing an instructor, payment submission, etc.)