Welcome to the Counseling Center's Men's Issues page. There are many life concerns that are unique to or uniquely experienced by men. Some of the issues listed below can negatively affect a man's ability to enjoy a meaningful and satisfying life. These may include:
- Academic Challenges
- Alcohol and Other Drugs
- Anger Management
- Difficulty Feeling or Expressing Emotion
- Interpersonal Violence
The Counseling Center staff is available to talk with you about any of these issues. We encourage you to visit the center and make an appointment.
We also invite you to explore our workshop and group offerings and to utilize the following online resources.
- MENWEB This site covers such topics as Men and Anger, Men and Grief, Men and their Fathers and Men, Women and Relationships.
- The Society for the Psychological Study of Men and Masculinity Society for the Psychological Study of Men and Masculinity advances knowledge in the new psychology of men through research, education, training, public policy, and improved clinical services for men.
- The Men's Center More resources including information on national, state and local men's organizations.
- The National Organization for Men Against Sexism This organization supports positive change for men from a pro-feminist, gay-affirmative, anti-racist position. The site offers resources and publications to enhance men's lives.
- Male Sexual Assault This site includes information and resources for male survivors of sexual assault.
- Sexual Abuse of Males This site provides education and resources about the effects of childhood sexual abuse for men.
- National Organization on Male Sexual Victimization A resource for overcoming the sexual victimization of boys and men.
- Dads and Daughters “Dads and Daughters” provides tools for men who want to be better fathers and advocates for their daughters.
*Our listing of these sites and resources does not imply that the Center or its staff endorses all of the information which is included.