Stronger than I Knew Project Guidelines
Moving to an entirely new city. Working through a major breakup. Overcoming a significant financial burden.
We've all got a story to tell about overcoming major personal challenges that others can learn from. Tell us your story of how you were "stronger than you knew" and give hope to other USF students going through a similar challenge. Make a video (no longer than 5 minutes) where you tell us about the challenge that you faced, what it was like as you faced it, and how you got through it. Submit your video through the link below and we'll post them online.
Here are some guidelines to help you prepare for making your video:
- Be real and genuine.
- Organize your story beforehand.
- Be specific about your challenge .
- Be concise. Limit your video to no more than 5 minutes .
- Clearly introduce and describe the experience. What were some of the thoughts or feelings you were experiencing?
- What first step did you take, no matter how small, to overcome this challenge? Who and what helped support you overcoming this challenge?
- Let us see who you are. This is not confidential so if you're not comfortable sharing this information with thousands of people, don't do it!
- Make sure that your description of the challenge is balanced by explaining what steps you took to move past it.
- Incorporate the words "stronger than I knew" somewhere in the video.
- Remember: the goal of the video is to help someone who is going through a similar challenge and is feeling overwhelmed.
- Don't read your story on video. Share it with us.
- Do not submit a video that includes any activities or behaviors that are illegal or violates the Student Code of Conduct.
- If your challenge involves someone or a department at USF, don't name any specific names.
- Don't use this video as a way to help you move past the experience. This shouldn't be considered a form of therapy. If you have any doubts or concerns about what your own reaction may be, don't post a video.
- Don't post a video if you have any doubts or concerns about how others will react to learning this information about you!
Videos can be submitted
- Fill out the form to the right (Under the "Share Your Story" section).
- You'll need an account with YouTube. You can use your Google account if you like, but you may still need to pick out a user name.
- Submit your video as a video response to the trailer video on the Stronger Than I Knew Project channel.
- Carefully consider whether you want other people on YouTube to be able to comment on your video. If you don't want comments, then go to "Edit Info", click on "Settings", and under Comments, check "Don't allow comments".
- That's it! We'll start publishing videos in mid-February. Once we've started publishing, we'll get videos posted as soon as we can.
Terms and Conditions:
Videos will be screened beforehand to assess appropriateness of content. Wellness USF reserves the right to contact appropriate support for students who appear in need. Please be aware that participation in this project by submitting or watching a video may result in a range of emotional reactions. Students in distress may seek support from the Counseling Center: (813) 974-2831
I am aware that my video will be posted on You Tube and possibly viewed by thousands of people over time. I also realize that there is a possibility my video could be downloaded or reproduced and used for purposes other than originally intended. Since the organizers of the "Stronger Than I Knew" project cannot control the unauthorized use of my video information, I agree to release the organizers of the "Stronger Than I Knew" project, the Counseling Center, and the University of South Florida from any responsibility or liability resulting from the misuse of my video after being placed on YouTube.