Risk Management, which includes USF's Insurance and Training, will strive to enhance the awareness of personal, business and comminity safety, support the development of USF's culture efforts and serve as a resource for USF's employees, students and staff by providing accessible training, insurance awareness and education of both.
The University is required to carry Property and Casualty insurance which is administered by the Division of Risk Management (DRM). There are also optional insurance policies administered by the Department of Management Services (DMS) which can be purchased separately by a University department.
- Property/Fire and Extended Coverage -- Building & Contents
- Casualty Insurance Coverage
- General Liability -- Bodily Injury and Property Damage
- Automobile Liability
- Workers' Compensation and Employer's Liability
- Federal Civil Rights and Employee Discrimination
- Court Awarded Attorney Fees
- Accident and Sickness -- summer camp coverage
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment -- benefits for law enforcement officers
- Automobile Liability -- liability, comprehensive, collision on fleet vehicles
- Boiler & Machinery -- equipment breakdown coverage on boilers, chillers and high dollar machinery
- Contractors' Equipment -- coverage for mobile equipment, recreational vehicles, construction vehicles
- Crime -- employee dishonesty, theft, disappearance
- Electronic Data Processing & Scientific/Medical Equipment (EDPE) -- coverage for computers and related IT equipment, scientific and medical equipment
- Fine Arts -- coverage for unique fine arts
- Miscellaneous Property -- broader coverage for unique items such as museum collections, theatrical equipment, camera equipment
University Safety Committee
If you have any questions, please contact Environmental Health & Safety at 813-974-4036.