Starting December 10th our email communications will go to your USF account.
Make sure you view your emails regularly so that you don't miss important information concerning financial aid.
Deferments and BAPP postings will start December 21st after the Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) calculation
Check OASIS on December 21st to see if you qualify for deferments and/or BAPP.
View qualifying criteria for..
DECEMBER 21st: Check your SAP
Check your SAP status on December 21st to be sure you qualify for financial aid for
- Log into OASIS
- Select Financial Aid
- Select "My Requirements, Bookstore Authorizations and Deferments"
- Select the "Academic Progress" tab
- If your status is ineligible, you will not qualify for a tuition deferment and you must pay your spring tuition by January 11th, 2013 or you will be dropped from your classes.
Federal Pell Grant Update - Lifetime Eligibility Used
Did you know there's a maximum amount of Federal Pell Grant funds you can receive as an undergraduate student over your lifetime?
- Students may receive the equivalent of two full time semesters each year (fall/spring/summer).
- Students may receive the equivalent of 12 full time semesters during their lifetime.
All financial aid, including student loans, require that you be enrolled as a degree seeking student.
Full-time status is a minimum of 12 undergraduate USF credit hours.
Half-time status is a minimum of 6 undergraduate USF credit hours.
Full-time status is a minimum of 9 graduate USF credit hours.
Half-time status is a minimum of 5 graduate USF credit hours.
Apply for USF Scholarships Beginning December 10th
USFAS has made it easy for you to apply for scholarships for the 2013-2014 school
year. Use the USF Scholarship Application System and enter information about yourself to see
what's available. It's quick and easy!
In addition, the USF Foundation is accepting applications for scholarships.
MARCH 1 PRIORITY DEADLINE!
COMPLETE YOUR 2013-2014 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Don't be late! Many financial aid programs, including grants and work study, are
limited to on time applicants. After January 1st, complete your 2013-2014 FAFSA or
Renewal FAFSA on-line to be considered for all funds.
We recommend that you download your federal tax return data directly from the IRS into the
FAFSA, saving time and improving accuracy! Electronically filed tax return information
is available from the IRS 1-2 weeks after filing.
REMEMBER: Use 2011 tax figures if your and/or your parents' 2012 taxes aren't filed
by the FAFSA priority deadline.
Is Your Mailing Address Current?
Always ensure that your current local mailing address
is updated in OASIS.
- Login to OASIS.
- Select "Personal Information".
- Select "Update Addresses and Phones".
- Make sure your current "Local Mailing" address is listed.
Will you have 30 USF credit hours and the required USF GPA at the end of the spring semester?
Check OASIS to ensure that you will have earned enough USF credit hours and
achieved the required grade point average at the end of spring 2013 to renew
your USF scholarship(s).
Review your scholarship Terms & Conditions in OASIS.
Bright Futures Update
To ensure you meet your renewal requirements for next year, review your Renewal Requirements for Bright Futures Scholarships while you plan your spring 2013 enrollment and/or consult your academic advisor.
If you will be enrolled less than half time in spring 2013 and you will graduate in May 2013, you may be paid Bright Futures by completing the Bright Futures Scholarship: Less than Half-time Graduating Seniors form.
If you graduated in fall 2012 with a bachelor's degree in seven or fewer semesters, you may receive funding for ONE semester (up to 15 credit hours) of graduate enrollment in spring 2013 if you are enrolled at least half time. We will automatically review your eligibility after the end of add/drop.
Report Funds From Outside Sources To Avoid Surprises
Federal regulations prohibit you from receiving more financial aid than your cost of
attendance. If you have not previously reported funds from other sources, let us
know immediately using the Additional Resources tab in OASIS.
- Choose 'My Award and Loan Information';
- Choose 'Award for Aid Year';
- Select the appropriate aid year;
- Click on the 'Resources/Additional Information' tab
- Enter the award information and click submit
Additional aid sources may include scholarships, tuition waivers, fellowships,
Your awards may be revised to reflect any changes.
Subscribe to E-Deposit in OASIS
eDeposit allows USF to electronically deposit funds directly to your personal bank
Paper checks are bad because they may be:
- stolen - you are responsible for the funds.
- returned to the government - checks may not be reissued.
- delivered to a wrong address or lost - it takes 15 working days to reissue a lost check.
Sign up for eDeposit by signing into OASIS:
- Click "Student"
- Click "Tuition & Fees"
- Click "Subscribe to eDeposit"
Need Help With OASIS?
Check out financial aid "How
To's" that demonstrate how you
navigate OASIS, how you can
sign your promissory note
electronically and more!
Check OASIS Regularly...
Check OASIS now for unsatisfied requirements, revisions to your award offer, and
deferments. Check OASIS again just before classes start.
Your award may be revised:
- If you receive funds such as scholarships, tuition waivers, etc., or
- If there are changes to your FAFSA, budget (residency changes, living
arrangments, etc.), and/or enrollment status.
Search our online database for
immediate answers to your
questions or e-mail your financial
EEO & Diversity
USF is an Equal