New Freshman, Complete Life
All first-year students are required to complete Financial Literacy 101,the USF Survival Guide and AlcoholEdu online courses by August 17th. Don’t delay! You are required to
To get started, log on to http://My.USF.edu. Click on the
All financial aid programs require that you be enrolled as a degree seeking student.
Enrollment status is the same for every semester:
Most financial aid awards require at least half-time enrollment and many programs require full-time enrollment.
Changes to Bright Futures
Several changes were made to Bright Futures during this year’s State of Florida legislative session. We recommend that before beginning enrollment this fall, you familiarize yourself with these changes.
Most important is the new requirement that all Bright Futures recipients submit a FAFSA before funds can be paid. If you have not filed yours yet, do so now at www.fafsa.gov.
Check OASIS regularly...
· To see if all your requirements are complete.
· To review your awards for revisions.
· To accept scholarship and award terms and conditions.
· To accept/decline your awards.
· To check your eligibility status (financial aid holds, satisfactory progress).
· To check for deferments and bookstore advance authorizations.
· To sign up for eDeposit (highly recommended).
Check OASIS now for revisions to your original award offer, and then on a regular basis, at least once per month. Awards must be revised when we receive information that changes your eligibility for financial aid.
New first time in college students (admitted to USF beginning fall 2011) were awarded conditionally, before all requirements were complete and final eligibility determined. As a result, your award may be revised:
· When information is received regarding your eligibility for scholarships and other resources such as tuition waivers, or other outside funds.
· When information is received that changes
Avoid Surprises, Report Funds From Other Sources
To ensure timely disbursement of your aid funds notify us as soon as possible about any additional resources you may be receiving by using the using the Additional Resources tab in OASIS:
· Choose ‘My Award and Loan Information’;
· Choose ‘Award for Aid Year’;
· Select the appropriate aid year;
· Click on the ‘Resources/Additional Information’ tab; and
· Enter the award information and click submit.
Are you meeting the financial aid requirements for satisfactory progress?
· Check your current satisfactory progress status in OASIS under "check my eligibility". Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) requirements for financial aid recipients are not the same as USF's academic requirements for continuing enrollment and graduation.
· Check your status seven days after each semester ends (after final exams week).
· Check August 15th for your fall status.
Check OASIS prior to the start of classes to see if you have a tuition deferment. Deferments allow you to temporarily postpone payment without being cancelled. If you do not have a tuition deferment, you must pay your bill by August 26th, 2011.
In order to receive your Federal Direct Student Loan, you must...
· Accept your loans in OASIS;
· Be enrolled at least half-time in USF courses appropriate to your grade level;
· Complete an online Direct Student Loan Entrance Interview if you are a new borrower; and
· Sign a Master Promissory Note.
Bookstore Advance Purchase Program (BAPP)
The BAPP allows eligible students to purchase books and supplies from all USF Bookstores before financial aid disburses. You will be notified by e-mail of your eligibility.
You qualify for a BAPP if you:
· Are degree seeking for fall semester;
· Are enrolled at least half-time in USF courses appropriate to your grade level; and
· Have financial aid ready to disburse that is at least $300 more than your student account charges.
Florida Prepaid College Program
The Florida Prepaid Tuition Plan at USF is administered by the Cash Accounting Office.
For more information about Florida Prepaid at USF go to the University Controller's Office website.
Go to the state's website for more information about the Florida Prepaid College Program
University of South Florida · University Scholarships & Financial Aid Services
4202 East Fowler Avenue, SVC 1102 · Tampa, Florida 33620-6960
This message has been approved under the USF System’s ‘Mass E-mail Policy,’ which is available at http://generalcounsel.usf.edu/policies-and-procedures/pdfs/policy-0-520.pdf