First Generation Matching Grant
The First Generation Matching Grant is a need-based program awarded to undergraduate students. Funding is limited and restricted to students with financial aid.
- Funds from this program come from donations to the USF foundation and matching funds from the State of Florida.
- In some cases, donor restrictions limit eligibility.
- FGMG awards are made as funds become available; this is normally during the fall semester.
To be considered for an FGMG award students must meet the following preliminary eligibility criteria:
- Complete a FAFSA and be Pell Grant eligible;
- Certification of 1st generation status; parents have not earned a bachelor's degree or higher;
- Florida resident for tuition purposes;
- Admitted as a degree seeking undergraduate;
- Full-time enrollment in USF classes only.
Students are considered for FGMG based on:
- FAFSA processed date, and;
- Minimum GPA of 2.5, and;
- Availability of funds and donor restrictions.
jkrez - 10/11/10