Simplify the verification process by using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool!
Instead of obtaining IRS tax return transcripts, you can quickly provide us with your verified tax return information by pulling your information directly from the IRS. If you filed your return electronically at least two weeks ago (or by paper 6-8 weeks ago) follow the instructions below:
- Click here and enter the student’s Name, SSN and DOB.
- Click on Make FAFSA Corrections on the bottom left hand corner of your screen and follow instructions.
- Click on the Financial Information Tab.
- Change the answer to the IRS income tax return question from Will file to Already completed.
- If recommended, enter your and/or your parent’s PIN number and click Link to IRS.
- Follow the instructions on the screen and once done, click Transfer Now.
- Click Submit Your FAFSA.
We will receive your updated FAFSA information within 10-14 days after submission.
svincent - 5/23/12