Gabor’s disability insurance policy provides an inexpensive way to protect your income, your family, and yourself from loss due to an unexpected illness or injury.
- Replaces 60% of your income tax-free to a maximum of $15,000 per month* payable to Social Security Normal Retirement Age (SSNRA**).
- Pays an additional 11% towards an annuity contract if disabled more than 12 months.
- Benefits begin after either 30 or 90 days, according to the elimination or waiting period you choose.
- Covers 80% to a maximum of $20,000 to SSNRA for "catastrophic disability***."
- Includes a Lifetime Benefit of 60% of your income to a maximum of $15,000 monthly starting at Social Security Normal Retirement Age in the event of "catastrophic disability."
- Is available through convenient payroll deduction. No paper bills to pay.
Detailed information about the insurance may be found in the policy brochure or available on Gabor’s website www.gaboragency.com.
Click the link below for more information and to access the Premium Calculator to determine the cost for this coverage:
If you elect the 30 day plan, benefits from day 30 to day 90 will be paid on a weekly basis to a maximum of $3,462 under a Short Term Disability policy. After 90 days of disability, benefits are paid monthly through a Long Term Disability plan as described above.
Eligible employees may enroll during their first 90 days of employment or during open enrollment periods for the Gabor Long Term Disability plans. Late enrollment can be done outside of these time frames with evidence of insurability. Enrollment forms are available in the HR Forms Library or from the Gabor Agency.
This plan is available guaranteed issue (no medical exam required) for new employees during their first 90 days of employment.
Late enrollment can be done outside of these time frames with evidence of Insurability. Enrollment forms are available in the HR Forms Library or from Gabor directly.
For more information on the products that The Gabor Agency has to offer to USF employees, please visit