Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day
April 28, 2016 from 8:00am-12:00pm
USF Tampa will host its 8th annual "Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day" event on Thursday, April 28, 2016 from 8:00 am-12:00 pm. The event is designed to provide the children (ages 8 – 18) of USF faculty and staff employees with an opportunity to explore career options and expand their image of all the possibilities associated with a balanced work and family life. They will have an opportunity to see different career possibilities and interact and engage with professionals in various positions. The event will begin in the Marshall Student Center Ballroom, and will include two workshops designed to showcase careers in different fields.
The registration deadline has passed; we cannot accept additional registrations.
Information for Parents with Registrations:
- You will receive a confirmation email with complete information by April 26. Please check your junk, clutter or spam folder if you don't see it.
- Child Check-in/Drop-Off is from 7:45 - 8:15 a.m. in the Marshall Student Center Ballroom.
- Light breakfast and a morning snack provided for children, parents, and chaperones (coffee available for adults).
- Child Pick-Up is from 12:00 pm to 12:30 pm and a photo ID is required for verification purposes.
- Need ideas for the afternoon?...
...Try these ideas:
- Walking tour of public art at USF
- Visit the FleX house – a net-zero energy house on campus
- A child's view of the USF Botanical Gardens
- Visit the Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Foundation for activity guides and resources.
- Show your kids the USF campus on the Bull Runner buses. Visit the Bull Runner site to download the Bull Runner app to your phone or to view the shuttle map.
- While on the Bull Runner, talk about the buildings on the USF Tampa campus.