Federal Work Study Student Employees

Federal Work Study (FWS) is a need-based, federal financial aid program that provides part-time employment to students needing financial assistance and encourages recipients to participate in community service activities. Additionally, by providing a wide range of employment opportunities, FWS helps students gain work experience that complements and reinforces their educational and career objectives.

Under this program, participating colleges and universities administer funds in accordance with the regulations and guidelines established by the Congress of the United States and the Department of Education.

Currently, 75% of the funding is allocated by the Federal government, with the remaining 25% provided by the eligible institution.

Important Information

  • FWS appointment dates are slightly different than normal semester appointment dates.
  • FWS training is offered several times each year through Talent Management and can be enrolled in via GEMS Self Service, class number BPC112.

Information for Supervisors

Information for Students with Eligible FWS Awards

FIND IT

Payroll Bi-weekly Processing Schedule

Salary Delegation

Semester Appointment & Guarantee Dates

HR Process Training


Have a Question? Contact your Service Center.

All documents are provided in Adobe Acrobat Portable Document Format (PDF).

Get Adobe Acrobat Reader for PDF files PDF