POSTDOCTORAL SCHOLAR TEMPORARY EMPLOYEES
At USF the postdoctoral experience emphasizes scholarship and continued research training for individuals who have recently completed a doctoral degree. Our post docs engage in research training under the general oversight of a faculty mentor in preparation for a career position in academe, industry, government or the non-profit sector. In addition, postdoctoral scholars enrich the research community with their expert knowledge and experience, and provide mentorship to graduate and undergraduate students.
- Benefits for Postdoctoral Scholars
- Temporary employees are automatically enrolled in the Temporary Employee Retirement Plan (TERP) upon hire.
- Temporary employees are eligible for many of the perks & discounts for USF employees.
- Salaried Temporary employee are also eligible to participate in tax sheltered annuities (403b TSA and 457 Deferred Compensation).
- Salaried Temporary employees may be eligible for some USF paid holidays based on work schedule.